Did you know that EEM now has access to additional frameworks through our Collaboration consortia?
We have now established a formal collaboration between ourselves, Westworks, South East Consortium and Advantage South West. This means that we can now utilise each other’s frameworks and will continue to work together to align our processes and practices where we can to provide the best possible service to our combined membership.
Principles behind what we are trying to do:
- Use the strengths of each consortia to create robust procurements
- Share best practice to save time and costs for each consortia and ultimately our Members
- Remove duplication for Suppliers and Contractors when tendering
- Allow organisations to seamlessly use framework from across the consortia that best fit their requirements and geographical locations.
By being part of the Collaboration, we can now access a range of services that have not traditionally formed part of EEM’s suite of frameworks. These services include:
- Legal Services
- Consultancy Services including quantity surveying, stock condition surveys, EPC’s, fire risk assessments and heating consultancy.
- Total Office Solutions including office supplies, paper, ICT supplies and office furniture
Use of these frameworks will still be managed through the EEM Team as normal but working with the Collaboration is enabling us to further expand our offering and support to Members.
In addition to the above we have also joined with our partner consortia to launch a new Development and Construction DPS. In all, our collective membership currently have over 2 million properties; from housing to commercial to corporate and are constructing new property at an unprecedented rate and as Consortia we need to ensure we are providing a route to market for these projects.
The categories for the DPS are:
- Design and build of housing and non-housing developments with 1 to 10 units and projects with value up to £1.5m this lot will include developments of multiple phases each up to £1.5m
- Design and build of housing and non-housing developments with 11 to 40 units and projects with value up to £4.5m this lot will include developments of multiple phases each from £1.5m to £4.5m
- Design and build of housing and non-housing developments with over 40 units and projects with value over £4.5m
- Construction and major refurbishment/remodelling of property schemes may include, but are not limited to, the following types of work:
New build/extension and adaptation schemes within the care environment
• New build/extension and adaptation schemes for commercial/industrial projects
• Major and minor adaptations of existing buildings
• Office refurbishment
• Regeneration works
• Structural works
Unlike a framework, a DPS remains open to new suppliers after the initial procurement round. This means that potential suppliers are not “locked out” of the arrangement for four years and also it allows smaller businesses access to works that larger suppliers would struggle to deliver. So, if you are currently working with a Contractor who think might be interested and suitable for one the above categories please get in touch.
We are also working on other initiatives within the Collaboration so watch this space for more updates later in the year.