As EEM continues to expand, we need to grow our team and the following vacancy is being advertised.
£22,667 – £34,538 (fully qualified CIPS in the Public Sector starting salary £28,485)
Full time, 37 hours per week – Flexible hours offered
27 days annual holiday, pro-rata, plus statutory holidays
The Procurement Officer will support the Head of Operations to provide a cost efficient and effective procurement service for EEM Ltd Members. You will be expected to carry out EU compliant public procurements, supporting members’ requirements and focusing on outcomes.
Main purpose of job
- To support the Head of Operations in the provision of a cost efficient and effective procurement service for the Members of EEM Ltd
- To undertake EU compliant public procurements supporting the members requirements and focused on outcomes.
- To create, post and manage EU tenders using the Delta e-sourcing solution or the EEM E-Procurement platform in an auditable and compliant manner.
- To work with the membership to compile specifications and tender documentation to meet the vast majority of members requirements.
- To assist with the evaluation and scoring of tender submissions.
- To work with new and existing members to identify efficiency savings available through the use of EEM and their compliant Frameworks and Contracts.
- To liaise with manufacturers, distributors and contractors prior to tender engagement and following ensuring compliance and consistency is maintained.
- To support the correct application of Frameworks and Call Off Contracts by Members.
- To evaluate spend analysis with existing and potential new members providing transparent advice on best practice.
- To attend events and or meetings as necessary being a representative of EEM.
- To substitute for other EEM Employees in time of absence of during busy periods.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the successful procurement of frameworks, contracts and Call off contracts meeting the requirements of the membership.
- To use the e-procurement solution and Contracts Finder to manage all stages of the procurement including adherence to the reporting requirements of the 2015 procurement legislation.
- To support the Head of Operations in pro-actively planning procurements supporting the wider EEM membership.
- To undertake compliant Public procurement that is focused upon the requirements of the membership from cradle to grave.
- To meet the requirements of the Public Contract Regulations 2015.
- To work / liaise with the EEM membership to establish their priorities, business profile and future spend activity.
- To liaise with the EEM membership and Contractors to identify improvements and lessons learnt from the use of previous Contracts and Frameworks building any lessons learnt into all future tender activity.
- To facilitate workshops with members related to procurement activities that support the majority.
- Represent EEM or substitute for the Head of Operations at meetings with members, contractors, fellow consortia or the Homes and Communities Agency as necessary.
- To analyse annual savings generated through the use of the EEM Frameworks and Contracts, generate reports for the member.
- To undertake administration duties where other resources are unavailable, working with a small team where all shall be treated equally.
- To act in compliance at all times with EEM’s policies and procedures and Health and Safety requirements.
The job description accurately reflects the requirements of the post at the time of writing. It does not fully describe all activities, and all staff are required to operate flexibly within the company’s structure. Other activities commensurate with this job description may from time to time be undertaken by the job holder.
For more information, call Rebecca on 01246 395603 or email firstname.lastname@example.org